Monday, February 15, 2010

Emerging Technology 1: Thinkfinity

I have always believed the educational system does a great disservice to educators and students with its lack of support in lesson planning for the classroom teacher. With the multitude of tasks a teacher has, the more resources and access to others ideas are invaluable. The Social networking the web allows us, teachers around the world can share good units and lessons and hopefully create classrooms with more engaging and productive lessons.



The technology I am researching today is called Thinkfinity. It is a website by Verizon that is useful for educators, students, and teachers. If you would like to get a run-down of what it is all about clik here http://www.thinkfinity.org/tour/thinkfinitytour.aspx. It is a type of clearinghouse for standards based lessons and activities. I will be using a lesson this week I found through thinkfinity on Lewis and Clark. http://www.nationalgeographic.com/xpeditions/lessons/13/g68/object.html.



Lessons and activities are only part of what Thinkfinity offers. There is homework help for students, book lists, interactive games, maps and many other useful resources. I can see Thinkfinity being used in my classroom by myself and my students regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment