Saturday, February 27, 2010

Module 4-2: Digital Literacy

I think I am finally at the place in my technology education that I am not more and more overwhelmed the more I research. I found a great blog post on edutopia's Big list that helps teachers have fun in the summer learning new technologies. The writer says to start out by using the new technologies for you personal use and as a teacher you will probably think of ways to use it in the classroom. The article gives 10 technologies to become familiar with.

Using something called MIRO, teachers can make their own video vault for use in class. Itunes for videos. This beats trying to find a video off the internet the night before your lesson.

Bighugelabs.com is site that helps organize pictures into posters, collages, etc. I can already think of ways students could use this to enhance the learning of history.

Comic life by Plasq would really be enjoyable for students of all ages. Comics or graphic novels could be made for any unit of history and the students could create, create, create.

Newseum looks interesting. My students are interested in what is going on in other parts of the world, but are often very ignorant of the facts. This could be used daily or so to add a global perspective on our social studies learning

These are just a few ideas in the post. This is the kind of thing I like finding. Not just talking and discussing, real practical applications I can use in my life and in my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment